Enroll in the FSA Conni Gordon Speaker Academy
Jump Start Your Speaking Business
The FSA Conni Gordon Speaker Academy is a program designed for aspiring speakers who want to transition to paid professional speaking. The program is run by experienced professional speakers who are members of the National Speakers Association (NSA), the premiere professional association for those who earn a living by the spoken word.
Program runs November 2020 to May 2021. Member discounts and other benefits begin as soon as you join.
Ready to apply? Please fill out the application below, and we will reach out to you to discuss next steps. After your application has been accepted, you will have a choice of paying the full $798 tuition now or a $250 non-refundable deposit. (The remainder of the tuition will be due September 1.)
In this program, you will get help from experienced speakers to:
✔ Craft your message to be authentic and marketable
✔ Develop marketing materials you need to sell yourself as a speaker, including a high-quality video opportunity
✔ Understand the business side of speaking
Message from our 2020-21 Dean, Jean Moroney
To be paid to speak professionally, you must master these four core competencies:
1. Speak with Eloquence on the platform
2. Deliver high-quality content based on depth and breadth of Expertise
3. Run an effective speaking business–a speaking Enterprise
4. Behave ethically–know the Ethics
The FSA Conni Gordon Speaker Academy is a deep dive into all four.
Our Academy is delivered through a mix of In-Person Events and Zoom Webinars. Attendance at all sessions is a must, as participating in the sessions fully ensures you get the most out of each session. The sessions are structured to ensure that you are personally developing your speech and your business, as we progress.
Benefits of Joining the FSA Conni Gordon Speaker Academy
- Get step-by-step materials to guide you through each aspect of starting your speaking business, featuring the NSA Speaker Guide
- Get all benefits of FSA Aspiring Speaker Membership through June 30th, 2021, including member prices on all meetings, and ability to join the lunch with the speaker after chapter meetings.
- PLUS you are eligible to continue Aspiring Speaker Membership for a second year (through June 30th 2022) (additional cost)
- Spend two days learning from and being inspired by some of the most successful speakers in the area at the Bootcamp, January 23-24 2021. This is an amazing, not to be missed event!
- Get individual help and share notes on four Zoom Webinars
- Ask questions and get weekly inspiration on the Private Facebook Group for Speaker Academy Candidates
- Get expert feedback on your showcase speech in the Speech Rehearsal Session (half-day live event—April 10, 2021)
- Have monthly check-ins for accountability and inspiration with your Assigned buddy – a professional member of FSA.
- Showcase your stuff on a professional stage at the 2021 FSA Showcase. Your spot is guaranteed. Take advantage of the event to get your first demo video recorded by a professional videographer. (Video package sold separately.)
You will improve your platform skills. You will learn how to craft your keynote. You will learn how to market and run your business. You will acquire tools and skills you need to become a professional speaker.
About the Bootcamp, January 23-24, 2021
The Bootcamp we put on as part of the FSA Conni Gordon Speaker Academy is one of the most exciting events of the program year. Over a day and a half, we bring in some of the most experienced and successful speakers from the chapter to share secrets of the speaking business. In fact, our professional members pay to audit this inspirational event. *** Full lineup coming soon.
Hampton Inn Cypress Creek
720 East Cypress Creek Road
Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33334
Topics to be covered include:
- Sales and marketing for speakers
- Crafting a Keynote
- Ethical Issues for Speakers
- Social Media
- Creating a Business
- Continually Developing Your Expertise
- Products and Back of Room Sales
- Get Feedback On Your 5 Minute Speech
- Work On Your Message & Strategy
The members of the FSA Conni Gordon Speaker Academy will form a tight-knit group over the academy year. To ensure the quality of the program, we vet applicants’ speaking skills and commitment to doing the work. Read to apply? Please fill out the application below, and we will reach out to you to discuss next steps. After your application has been accepted, you will have a choice of paying the full $798 tuition now or a $250 non-refundable deposit. (The remainder of the tuition will be due September 1.)
About the Showcase & Graduation, May 8, 2021
To sell yourself, you need good video! We drape and light the stage for our May 8, 2021 meeting to ensure you can get some fantastic video of yourself speaking. As a Conni Gordon Speaker Academy member, you are guaranteed a speaking slot in the showcase, along with professional members from the chapter who are also taking advantage of this opportunity.
2019 Showcase and Graduation