November 14, 2015: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Early registration for members ends Tuesday, November 10
An advanced symposium designed to help professional speakers move to their next level of effectiveness in front of audiences. To help Corporate Trainers, College & University Professors, Lawyers, Students and Business People enhance their speaking & presenting skills at work.
Laurie Guest, CSP
It’s all about the BAM!
We talk about sales, client communication, and platform skills. But the tip factor for any presentation is how well the moving parts work together to meet your objectives. Expect this session to be fast-paced, content packed, and filled with actionable ideas. Find out what the BAM! is and how it applies to you.
- Learn the 2 biggest factors in Laurie’s experience and how you can gain from them
- 5 major techniques that make the most impact on your platform skills
Rita Craig, SPHR
From Six Figures to Go Figure! Entering the Exciting Unknown of the Entrepreneur
Do you spend your work days dreaming about becoming a full-time speaker or consultant? Leaving the comfort of the corporate nest and making the transition from someone else’s payroll to entrepreneur can be daunting, to say the least. But it can also be one of the most rewarding and exhilarating rides of your life!
Join Rita Craig as she shares some of the valuable insights and lessons gained through her transition from corporate escapee to someone that is living her passion.
Leading the Way: The 5 Secrets of Facilitation Mastery
In this enlightening session, Keith Harmeyer will share key insights and best practices for facilitation mastery—including a number of concepts from his company’s SmartStorming Brainstorm Leadership Training programs.
- How speaking, training and facilitation are different, and why it matters
- Key leadership skills necessary for effectively guiding and inspiring a group
- Why carefully planning your session is so important
- The difference between “facilitation” and “piloting”
- Special considerations when facilitating large groups.
Ed Robinson, CSP
Winning the RACE to be an Extraordinary Speaker
Ed will share with you his journey and lessons learned to help you accelerate your speaking success.
You will gain insight into Ed’s many years of platform experience to enhance your RACE to be an extraordinary presenter.
- How to take Responsibility in front of audiences
- How important it is to be Authentic
- How to manage the ever Changing expectations
- The magic formula to Excel as a presenter
What YOU need to know
- Silent Auction Offering the Private Services of South Florida’s Top Speakers
- Networking with likeminded professionals
- Registration opens to FSA members on September 12
- Registration opens to the Public on October 16
- FSA, Association Candidates, and Academy Members: $125.00
- Guests: $160.00
- Continental Breakfast, Lunch and Refreshments Included
- Limited Seating
- Speaker Academy Preview
- All services are donated and 100% of proceeds go to FSA
- Business Casual
Location: Nova Southeastern University, 3301 College Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314