Are you ready to grow your speaking business?
Whether you are a speaker by profession, a seasoned veteran or a novice with a passion to inspire, FSA’s monthly meetings provide the fertile ground that is the birthplace of ideas, the support needed to cultivate your business and the encouragement that it takes to take your speaking business to the next level!
Our Next Florida Speakers Association Event
Speak for Success
A professional symposium to advance verbal communication
and career success
November 8, 2014: 8:30am-4:00pm
This public speaking symposium, sponsored by the Florida Speakers Association and featuring instruction from 3 world-class public speakers, is a landmark educational opportunity for presenters and speakers of all types wishing to improve their abilities to deliver engaging and effective presentations.
Here’s the Story…
The key to effective presenting is to be memorable and repeatable. When speakers attain those qualities they become referable and promotable. In this opening session we’ll examine the elements leveraged by professional speakers to delight their audiences and cause them to want more.
- How to impact your audiences with stories
- Why opening and closing with punch is critical
- How to deliver your presentation as a dialogue and why dialogs are a powerful technique
- Why finding new material is your most important job
Lou Heckler, CSP, CPAE
The symposium’s first presenter, Lou Heckler, CSP, CPAE, has been a beloved member of the National Speakers Association for nearly 30 years. A master storyteller, he has been speaking professionally for nearly 35 years. His presentations are filled with relevant content, engaging stories, and his trademark whimsical sense of humor.
Power & Presence Lift Your Credibility
Taking charge and capturing attention is essential to communicating effectively with groups.
You’ll learn to:
- Engage with confidence and achieve new Power
- Present yourself with comfort and authenticity
- Engage your audience via interaction
- Become a more persuasive presenter
- Use your body to direct everyone’s attention
Pegine Echevarria, MSW,CSP
The day’s second presenter is Pegine. Pegine is a motivational business speaker, consultant, personal coach, and author who teaches business and leadership development for women. She’s passionate about teaching women how to communicate their value, and to become Feisty, Fearless, Focused, FUN, Female leaders!
Unleash Your Inner Comedian!
Use Improv Comedy Techniques to Add Humor to Your Program—Without Telling Jokes
You are funny! (You just don’t know it yet).
In this interactive and fun program, you will learn the fundamentals of great improvisation and how to use the foundations of improv comedy to incorporate your own personal humor into your presentations.
If adding humor to your presentations is important (it should be) then it’s important you attend this content-rich program!
By the end of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Use three techniques to quickly add humor to your presentations without writing “jokes.”
- Access your quick-thinking and creative skills to flow with the unexpected.
- Generate instantly humorous content authentic to you—even if your topic is “dry” or “serious.”
Avish Parashar is likely the world’s only Motivational Improviser who uses his 20+ years of performing, teaching and studying improv comedy to teach organizations and individuals how to think quickly, get creative, and master change.